Disposal of PAJ's Oil Spill Equipment
Petroleum Association of Japan (PAJ) has decided to dispose some of the oil spill response equipment that were acquired in the programme of PAJ's “Major Oil Spill Response Programme”.
These equipment has been replaced with the new or alternative ones.
Oil spill response programme in PAJ is based on the following principle:
“PAJ will lend the equipment in the event of a major oil spill incident to the parties concerned with free of charge. After the use, borrowers shall clean, check and repair them at borrower's expense and return to PAJ base.”
But, there is a possibility that the aged equipment breaks down or that it cannot be used well in the emergency due to the decrease in strength and the processing performance, etc., or it might cost a lot for borrowers from the viewpoint of repair obligation.
PAJ believes these equipment still can be used in normal operation or training purpose with necessary maintenance and repair. This is the reason that PAJ will seek the applicants to purchase them.
* Details of the procedure → Procedure of Transfer
* Details of the equipment → Introduction of the Equipment
* The equipment are powered by the diesel engine with hydraulic oil, so require regular maintenance.
→ Maintenance of the Equipment
* Please make a printout and send the application form by e-mail (PDF) to Oil Spill Response Department of PAJ.
* Questions are to be made to:
Petroleum Association of Japan
Oil Spill Responce & Industry Support Department, Oil Spill Response Office